Come and Help
In the New Testament the apostle Paul talks about the Church as the body, with each part having a value and a role to play; no part should be dismissed as unimportant or unnecessary. So in the Church today we believe that every member has a part to play in contributing to the life of the congregation.
Here are some of the tasks done by our members on a voluntary basis - they are not in any particular order:
- cleaning the church building
- compiling and printing orders of service
- decorating the sanctuary with flowers and delivering them after services
- participating in services – reading, leading prayers, planning and leading entire services
- maintaining the website
- providing teas and coffees after morning service
- welcoming visitors to church – both to regular services and on special occasions, such as weddings and baptisms
- maintaining the church buildings
- providing services for those in local care homes
- supporting the minister with pastoral care visits
- helping with activities for children and young people
- home-baking and other catering for social events
We welcome all offers of help!
If you are new to the congregation, getting involved in something is one of the best ways to meet people and make friends.